Top Dawg Entertainment artists Kendrick Lamar and SZA have dropped the visual for “All the Stars,” the lead single from the Black Panther soundtrack, which was produced by Lamar, Top Dawg Entertainment president Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith and the film’s director Ryan Coogler,
Directed by Dave Meyers and the little homies, the deeply textured video is filled with SZA wearing five different looks tapping into style and beauty themes associated with the continent of Africa.
Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers are featured prominently throughout the video, which leads us (once again) to believe Nike has an exclusive not just with Lamar but also SZA.
Kendrick and SZA were styled by long time stylist Dianne Garcia. The video kicks off with SZA wearing a Christoper John Rogers bustier and red trousers. While lying on a Kenti-cloth-inspired backdrop, she’s wearing a Maison the Fux coat with an orange bodysuit and Chanel gladiator sandals. For her third look, she pairs a white button up with emerald green Gucci stirrup pants.
SZA also makes her way through a wide variety of dramatic ensembles: She starts off dancing in a pair of red trousers and a taffeta bustier by Christopher John Rogers, and eventually ends up in an Yves Klein blue bodysuit made from barely enough fabric to hold itself together.
Via Interscope Records, Black Panther: The Album will release on February 9, 2018 while the film will hit U.S. theaters on February 16th.
Check out the soundtrack, plus images from “All the Stars” and the visual below.
1. “Black Panther” Kendrick Lamar
2. “All The Stars” Kendrick Lamar and SZA
3. “X” ScHoolBoy Q, 2 Chainz and Saudi
4. “The Ways” Khalid and Swae Lee
5. “Opps” Vince Staples and Yugen Blakrok
6. “I Am” Jorja Smith
7. “Paramedic!” SOB x RBE
8. “Bloody Waters” Ab-Soul, Anderson Paak and James Blake
9. “Kings Dead” Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future and James Blake
10. “Redemption Interlude”
11. “Redemption” Zicari and Babes Wodumo
12. “Seasons” Mozzy, Sjava and Reason
13. “Big Shot” Kendrick Lamar and Travis Scott
14. “Pray For Me” The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar