Update: When Beyoncé makes a major announcement, as always a lot more news follows. Here are some of the items that have emerged since she announced yesterday that she’s pregnant with twins.
- Images were shot by Bronx artist Awol Erizku as confirmed by Fader, which has a lot more info on his contribution and background.
- Beyoncé has uploaded additional images to her site from the shoot including underwater images (below) as well as additional ones from her personal archive. She also added a poem written by Somalian/British poet Warsan Shire that read: “venus has flooded me, second planet from the sun, i wake up on her foamy shore. she wants to take me to meet my children. i’ve done this before. i’m still nervous.”
- Beyoncé wore an Agent Provocateur bra and Liviara “Daphne” powder blue panties. (And yes, people are trying to decipher the reasoning behind the burgundy bra and baby blue panties.)
- Weighing in at the time of this update with 7.7 million likes, Bey’s pregnancy announcement is now the most liked post of all time on Instagram.
- Several celebs sent congratulations through social media, including Rihanna and of course Bey’s mother, Tina Lawson (check their Instagram posts below). On Beyonce’s Instagram post, Mariah Carey commented, “Congrats Bey and Jay!!! I’m so happy for you both! Having twins is the most incredible experience ever. Love, Mariah and the twins.”
- Regarding her performance at Coachella in March, according to TMZ, organizers were unaware she was pregnant when she was booked. However, a source close to Beyoncé says she plans to perform if the pregnancy goes well.
- Poking fun at the magnitude of the response to the news, the New York Post‘s front page today (February 2) read, “Beymaculate Conception: Mother of God. Singer’s pregnant with twins!”
Read the original story below.
Having just put to bed a year filled to the brim with amazing music and a global tour, Beyoncé has let us know she’s on to her next adventure with the announcement on Instagram that she is now pregnant with twin babies. The entertainer hasn’t provided any info on how far along she is or the babies’ names or sex. People are wondering if she will perform at Coachella and she hasn’t said peep about that either.
And this time, Queen Bee made sure to put an immediate kibosh on all the surrogate birther fools with a dramatic image in which she’s wearing a bra and frilly bikini bottom that shows her extended belly for all the world to see. On that note, you can be 100 percent sure for this pregnancy she won’t be appearing on any talk shows showing her sitting down on camera.
That said, even with the naked reveal, no doubt as we speak, too-much-time-on-their-hands conspiriarists are already coming out of the woodwork and cooking up reasons why this simply can’t be true. Hopefully one day they’ll find more productive things to do with their lives.