While Remy and Nicki trade shots, highly skilled MC, Ill Camille, has made her long-awaited return with Heirloom, a deeply soulful project that honors her Los Angeles roots (specifically Leimart Park), as well as beloved friends and family that inform her bars.
Including 16 delicious tracks, the overall is rooted in a soulfully laid back take on hip hop, underpinned by Camille’s flawless flow, which ranges from chilled and dreamy to fierce. Camille is no one-delivery pony, rather she is a multi-faceted MC and has the skill to bring many layers of bars to the table.
Commenting on the project on Instagram, Camille expressed thanks for the community that helped realize the project. “Being able to finish what I started, and to be in a position to finally share it…The dopest feeling in the world. A blessing in itself! It took a village,” wrote Camille.
All told, if there could be a soundtrack for a beautiful backyard BBQs and good summer 2017 vibes, Heirloom would be it.
Stream Heirloom on Spotify below or purchase on iTunes.
01. Black Gold
02. Warrior/Sankofa (ft. Camp Lo & Deion)
03. Trust Me (ft. SiR)
04. Home (ft. Damani Nkosi)
05. Almost There (ft. SiR)
06. Live It Up (ft. Iman Omari)
07. Fight On (ft. Preston Harris & Damani Nkosi)
08. Spider’s Jam (ft. Georgia Anne Muldrow & Javonte)
09. Slip Away (ft. Amaru)
10. Again (ft. Fernando Pullum Creative Arts Center, Ryck Jane & Marcus Garvey Elementary)
12. Still a Lady (ft. Tiffanie Cross, Shava’sha Dickerson & Wyann Vaughn)
13. Duality (ft. Sha’leah Nikole & Jarius Mozee) [Interlude]
14. São Paulo (ft. Punch & Rose Gold)
15. Few Days (ft. Javonte & Marknoxx)