Music news in February was dominated by chatter around Rihanna‘s Super Bowl Halftime Show, her first live performance close to four years. Providing a solo performance and back only by her dancers, the 35-year-old CEO began the performance by revealing she’s pregnant with her second child.
Meanwhile, the charts were dominated by SZA‘s SOS album, which stayed sitting atop or near the top of the Billboard 200 album chart all month long. Whe SOS claimed a ninth nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the February 25th chart, it was the most weeks atop the list for an album by a woman in close to seven years.
Snobette Sounds best new music by women in February 2023 includes song by or featuring Beyoncé, Latto, Lu Kala, Chloé Bailey, Ariana Grande, Kali Uchis, Tink, Jozzy, Bktherula, Kash Doll, Lakeyah, Monaleo, Cookiee Kawaii, Flo Milli, GloRilla, Big Jade, Erica Banks, Rubi Rose and Nelccia.
Submit music to me, Europe Angelique, on Twitter and find the monthly-updated Snobette Sounds Spotify playlist here.
Check out my 17 selections for this month below.
- Beyoncé: “Cuff It (Wetter Remix)
- Latto ft. Lu Kala: “Lottery”
- Chloé ft. Chris Brown: “How Does It Feel”
- The Weeknd ft. Ariana Grande: “Die For You Remix”
- Kali Uchis: “Moonlight”
- Tink: “I’m The Catch”
- Jozzy: “Favorite Shirt”
- Don Toliver ft. Kali Uchis: “4 Me”
- Bktherula: “BACK”
- Kash Doll ft. Lakeyah: “ADD IT UP”
- Monaleo: “Ridgemont Baby”
- Cookiee Kawaii: “Pretty Girl”
- Flo Milli: “Nasty Dancer”
- Don Toliver ft. GloRilla, Lil Durk: “Leave The Club”
- Big Jade: “Gangsta Activity”
- Spiffy The Goat ft. Erica Banks, Rubi Rose: “No Clappin Shemix”
- Nelccia: “Hurt No More”