May’s charts were dominated by three artists, SZA, Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift, whose respective singles “Kill Bill,” “Flowers” and “Anti-Hero” have been veritably parked in Billboard’s Hot 100’s top 10 list since they were released over six months ago.
Meanwhile, Swift and Beyoncé have been racking up incredible numbers on their global tours. In the case of Swift, according to Variety, she’s currently on a path to be the first tour history to gross a billion dollars.
For our May 2023 list, Latto keeps the buzz going with a remix of “Put It On Da Floor Again” featuring Nicki Minaj. Additional songs by or featuring women include Summer Walker, Sexxy Red, Nicki Minaj, City Girls, Flo Milli, Trina, Maya Da Don, GloRilla, Monaleo, Big Boss Vette, Kari Faux, Sabrina Claudio, Lauren Jauregui, Kodi Shane, Thuy and Beyoncé.
Check out my 14 selections for May below.
1. Latto ft. Cardi B: “Put It On Da Floor Again”
2. Summer Walker: “Hard Life”
3. Sexxy Red ft. Nicki Minaj: “Pound Town 2”
4. City Girls ft. Diddy, Fabolous: “Act Bad”
5. J.K. Mac ft. Flo Milli, Trina, Maya Da Don: “No Love Shemix”
6. GloRilla: “Lick or Sum”
7. Monaleo ft. Flo Milli: “Goddess”
8. Big Boss Vette: “Ion Need”
9. Kari Faux ft. Gangsta Boo: “White Caprice”
10. Sabrina Claudio: “Modo Avion”
11. Lauren Jauregui ft. Ty Dolla Sign: “Wolves”
12. Kodi Shane: “Off The Record”
13. Thuy ft. Rexx Life Raj: “butterflies”
14. Beyoncé ft, Kendrick Lamar: “America Has A Problem Remix”