Following a month that included the big splashy launch of SZA‘s SOS album (No. 1 for an 8th week on Billboard’s Hot 200 chart), January functioned as the calm before the Grammys and the kick off of festival season.
It was also a great month for drops by up and coming artists like South Carolina native TiaCorine and Ice Spice, as well as much-loved established musicians with a more niche following. In addition to TiaCorine and Ice Spice, January’s top new music by women includes singles by or featuring Justine Skye, Chloë, Maeta, Kari Faux, Flo Milli, Gloss Up, GloRilla, Kali Uchis and Tink.
Check out my top 10 selections below.
- TiaCorine: “Freaky T”
- Justine Skye ft. Tyga: Collide”
- Ice Spice: “In Ha Mood”
- Chloë: “Pray It Away”
- Vic Mensa ft. Thundercat, Maeta: “STRAWBERRY LOUIS VUITTON”
- Kari Faux: “Me First”
- Flo Milli ft. Lola Brooke, Maiya The Don: “Conceited Remix”
- Gloss Up ft. GloRilla: “Bestfrenn”
- Kali Uchis: “I Wish You Roses”
- Tink: “Toxic”