Check out our top “Bad Bitch Anthem” picks for 2018 here.
Check out the 2017 list below.
There is no denying Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” is the top “Bad Bitch Anthem” of 2017. The track debuted in June and made it to the top of the Billboard’s “Hot 100″ chart in just three months and stayed there for three weeks. It became only the second solo hip-hop No. 1 single by a female artist, after Lauryn Hill’s “Doo Wop (That Thing)” in 1998. Going three times platinum in the United States and landing two Grammy nominations for best rap performance and best rap song, there is no denying Cardi repped for bad bitches in a very impactful way.
But as we put 2017 in the taillights, “Bodak Yellow” inevitably has lost some of its spark and let’s face it, everyone is experiencing replay fatigue. In an effort to keep that same bad-bitch female energy going, we tapped digital music diva Eb the Celeb to compile a list of the 30 best anthems, a list of songs to keep your energy up that includes a bunch of new female artists to keep an eye on in the coming year.
Check out Eb’s list below, counting down from No. 30 to the top bad bitch song of the year. You can keep an eye on her frequently updated “Bad Bitch Anthems” playlist on Spotify.
30. The final spot on this list is a tie between two short but fierce freestyles. Megan Thee Stallion has been killing the internet all year with her cipher videos spitting about how she wants to be pleasured in the bedroom and with “Stalli (Freestyle)” she takes no prisoners. I look forward to hearing the bad bitch anthems she blesses us with in 2018 but this will definitely hold us over until then.
Saweetie’s “Icy Girl” makes you feel like a bad bitch as soon as the track drops, but then she goes in about set backs and haters not stopping her dreams from coming true and you end up relating to every word.
29. Jojo’s “FAB.” featuring Remy Ma originally dropped in 2016, but thanks to Wixard hopping on a remix this year it was reinvented with a dancehall vibe.
28. No one ever has anything nice to say about Bhad Bhabie because of how she was introduced to the world, but part of being a bad bitch is being able to grow in your purpose and not care what anyone thinks about it in the process. She has a message for bad bitches with haters on “Hi Bich.”
27. That song that makes you feel good when you’re walking around in your lingerie all sexy but have to be stingy with your vagina because your guy isn’t acting right, Marsha Ambrosius comes through with “Don’t Wake The Baby,” a single that also lets you know it’s also okay to finally give in and give him some, too.
26. I have no idea what it is about being a bad bitch that makes people try you but Brave Williams came through so that we don’t even have to explain ourselves. We can just throw on “U Tried It.”
25. When you’re a bad bitch but you’re also a brat, Kim Petras’ “I Don’t Want It At All,” is that whiny anthem we all need when we’re feeling like we want what we want, when we want it and we want it right now.
24. When your petty reaches throwback from your childhood phrases, you know you’re a bad bitch. Lee Mazin’ shows how it can be effective rather than trivial on “Na Nana.”
23. Every bad bitch needs that independent woman anthem and Kesha delivered it this year with “Woman.”
22. If you crave straight barz with a “z” to make you feel like a bad bitch then Cupcakke is here to help you read anyone trying to play you like a “Cartoon.”
21. Part of being a bad bitch is not being gassed by compliments by any and everyone because we know better. Diamond White puts a soundtrack to not falling for the jig on “Empty Cup.”
20. For my bad bitches that love island music Hoodcelebrityy is here to make you feel like the most beautiful girl in the world while you whine to “Walking Trophy.” This is the type of track you dance to naked in front of the mirror with no shame.
19. When you need a song to throw on when you just want to spend time with yourself without feeling guilty, Elli Ingram came through for us with “Better Alone.”
18. Punk Trouble and TT The Artist are on a mission to help you let go of anything that doesn’t elevate your bad bitchness. Rise above all the negativity, doubt, insecurities and anything else trying to weigh you down with “Higher.”
17. When you need a song that makes you feel like you are the star of your own world and don’t need validation from anything or anyone, throw on Natalie Orfilia’s “Pretty Lady.” It will make you feel on top of the world.
16. Thanks to Nigerian-based Niniola, bad bitches around the globe now have a new term for when they are feeling themselves through her Afrobeat jam, “Sicker.”
15. Part of being a bad bitch is being able to shake your ass no matter how big or small it may be. Own the junk in your trunk whether it was God given or surgeon given with Uniiqu3’s “Trunk.”
14. When the certified baddest bitch, Trina, decides to bless an up and coming artist with a feature, chances are it’s going to be a bad bitch anthem worth listening to and with “Pop Suttin” she and Brittney Taylor didn’t disappoint.
13. Sometimes being a bad bitch is reminding people how dope you are and that you are coming no matter how hard they try to not see you. Kehlani helps you not take it “Personal” when people are sleeping on you.
12. Every bad bitch needs the anthem for when they have a starting five in rotation and are big pimpin’ with several dudes spending the Gs. “F.D.N” by Dreezy delivers the track that shows no remorse when being spoiled by several different men at the same damn time.
11. Forget being flexible and understanding just to have a boo. Especially when they are running game you’ve seen way too many times before. Ella Mai on “My Way” lets them know it’s your way or the highway.
10. When you get you that “hey stranger” text from someone and know they will never ever get a chance with you again, Dua Lipa’s “IDGAF” is the perfect song to blast in celebration of cutting someone off and blocking their number.
9. Leikeli47 represented for the ladies on several tracks this year. “Attitude” and “Look” could have easily made this list as well but the genius of “Who’s That” is being able to profess your bad bitchness acoustically.
8. Part of being a bad bitch is being fearless and sometimes being fearless is being vulnerable to love and putting yourself out there. Dej Loaf reaffirms that with “No Fear.”
7. When hip hop royalty comes together on one track, you know they are going to rep for all the bad bitches. Missy Elliott (yes, that’s her image up top and who better to rep for the bad bitches!) added Eve, Lil’ Kim, and Trina to her track “I’m Better” and we were all made better because of it.
6. If there was a drop-top down, riding down Sunset Strip in Los Angeles or Ocean Drive in Miami on a girl’s trip with your baddest of bad bitch friends and need something to blast while you drive slowly by so everyone can look and stare in envy song, “Throwing Glitter” by Imani Scott is that record.
5. The do what you want, how you want while reclaiming a word used to shame women anthem. Be a sweet little unforgettable thing with Bea Miller’s “S.L.U.T.” Without doubt, the dance around your apartment in your underwear record of the year.
4. Is there anything worse than someone wasting your time? Snow Tha Product doesn’t think so because she blacked on “Waste of Time” with a flow that will make every bad bitch feel even more bad if they can keep up with her while rapping along.
3. Not all bad bitch anthems have to be super aggressive. Sometimes they can be subtle, yet extremely assertive with our wants and needs. Liz Huett embodied that sentiment with “STFU & Hold Me.” Sip on some whisky and demand that he love you the way you want to be loved in 2018 ladies and take nothing less.
2. If you have someone watching all your moves trying to steal your shine, let them know this ain’t no playground and you don’t play around with Rico Nasty’s “Poppin.” This is definitely the track to remind someone you’re a poppin’ ass bad bitch.
1. The top bad bitch anthem of 2017 is Demi Lovato’s “Sorry Not Sorry.” I must admit, I was late on Demi. I didn’t realize her greatness until I saw her on tour with Nick Jonas in 2016 and then made it my business to get to know her and her music better. From her transparency about her insecurities to her amazing voice, she has cemented her spot as a top pop vocalist. Every time you are shining in your glow up, this definitely has to be blaring through your speakers. Cheers to go into the new year feeling great about yourself no matter how 2017 has treated you and not sorry about it in any way.
Happy New Year to all the bad bitches and may you continue to live life on your terms in 2018 and beyond!